01 May 2012

One Day at a Time

Image Flickr user quibus
I am an obsessive planner. I mean, who starts a blog called The Year of Frugal Living other than an obsessive planner? I cannot just do anything- for example, rather than just declutter my house, like a normal person, I did two things:
  • started a 40 bags in 40 days project that I posted on facebook and got friends to join in
  • started a holiday called "Decluttering Day" (it's coming up, actually!)
Normal people probably don't try to start holidays to clean their house, but that's how I've always been. I need to do everything as a group. Once, in 7th grade, I had a religion. With followers. Like a cult. Anyway.

So I'm trying to stop that. Not because it's a bad thing, but it's just really hard to do anything so big all the time. It becomes exhausting and you burn out. You stop on bag 36. I'm trying really hard to focus on the day at hand, try to make decisions based in the moment, and be happy and stop making everything into a huge deal. It goes against my very core, but I'm trying.

(Here's the link to Decluttering Day's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Decluttering-Day/119658034721388)



No comments: